Random Film News Thread

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Re: Random Film News Thread

#101 Post by Dawson » 26 Mar 2011, 05:19

I'm looking forward to Your Highness, Portman and Zooey sharing the screen, and it actually looks funny
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#102 Post by Bill » 26 Mar 2011, 23:19

yeah, but she's now fat. shame.

F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

#103 Post by F.N.G. » 27 Mar 2011, 00:11

Bill wrote:yeah, but she's now fat. shame.
:o Unless you're being sarcastic
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

Dawson

#104 Post by Dawson » 27 Mar 2011, 02:13

F.N.G. wrote:
She's not fat, shes glowing

she is kinda fat

She woulda catwoman as well I reckon

Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#105 Post by Bill » 27 Mar 2011, 15:46

F.N.G. wrote:
yeah, sorry.

Dawson

#106 Post by Dawson » 06 Apr 2011, 08:25

Most non non non non heinous news:

Bill & Teds 3

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#107 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Apr 2011, 09:51

dawson99 wrote:Most non non non non heinous news:

Bill & Teds 3
Onion Headline News, many years ago wrote:Alex Winter Keeps Bugging Keanu Reeves About Third Bill & Ted Movie

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

#108 Post by Sela » 29 Apr 2011, 07:00

JoBlo.Com wrote:JOSS WHEDON'S CABIN IN THE WOODS WILL FINALLY BE RELEASED BY LIONSGATE

Someone sensed stardom for Chris Hemsworth before he ever picked up the hammer for THOR... but we've yet to experience it ourselves since two of his high-profile roles have been sitting in a vault because of MGM's financial adversity.

Now thanks to Lionsgate, one of them will finally make it to theaters. The studio has grabbed CABIN IN THE WOODS, the horror flick directed by CLOVERFIELD writer Drew Goddard and co-written by Joss Whedon (who'll be working with Hemsworth again in THE AVENGERS).

No word yet on a release date, but it will likely be later this year. The movie has been gathering dust since MGM's initial scheduled release in October of 2009. The first delay was supposedly to convert the movie to 3D, although that may no longer be the eventual format.

The movie involves college kids experiencing terror and death at the titular locale, and also features familiar actors like Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford and Keith David.

Hemsworth's other big MGM movie, the remake of RED DAWN (in which he plays the Swayze role), is still hanging in limbo and apparently getting reworked villains so we don't anger our Chinese overlords.
I've been looking forward to this film for a long time, so this is great news.

Joss Whedon has also posted a couple of very funny posters in the last couple of months, indicating his frustration for the delays

[imgurl=300]http://blastr.com/CabinintheWoodsMockPosters.jpeg[/imgurl]
8 more months of school.....

Dawson

#109 Post by Dawson » 29 Apr 2011, 07:01

Joss Whedon is my hero

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#110 Post by Steel Frog » 29 Apr 2011, 08:56

This has actually been a big deal for the FFL crowd. At a price tag of 4M, Chris Hemsworth is likely to make a sizeable, but not overwhelming, profit for Thor. If you could guarantee major releases of Cabin and Red Yawn, it would take him from also-ran to must-pick status. As is, however, you cannot.

Dawson

#111 Post by Dawson » 16 May 2011, 10:13

Still really not sure about this one, half is awesome, half is.. urgh
Pretty cool poster though, and I did have all the stories as a kid

Sela

#112 Post by Sela » 22 May 2011, 08:01

Dawson

#113 Post by Dawson » 07 Jun 2011, 06:04

The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) has been rejected by the British Board of Film Classification because it is “sexually violent and potentially obscene”.

The relatively rare decision has been made because the second film features “unacceptable material” throughout.

This means the DVD won't be able to be supplied legally anywhere in the UK.

Last year, The Human Centipede (First Sequence) was released, uncut, as an 18, and featured three subjects sewn together end-to-end by an insane doctor.

A report by the BBFC draws focus to two scenes, one of which features sandpaper, another of which features barbed wire, both in places of extreme discomfort.

"The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the ‘human centipede’of the title," says the report, by BBFC director David Cooke.

"Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting, it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at ‘18’.

"This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the ‘centipede’ idea into practice."

The report goes on to say the sequel focuses on: “the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture and murder of his naked victims".

"The explicit presentation of the central character’s obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers."

Cook justified the ban by saying: "“It is the Board's carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to this work, even if confined to adults, would be inconsistent with the Board's Guidelines, would risk potential harm within the terms of the VRA, and would be unacceptable to the public."

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#114 Post by Batman » 07 Jun 2011, 07:30

dawson99 wrote:The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) has been rejected by the British Board of Film Classification because it is “sexually violent and potentially obscene”.

The relatively rare decision has been made because the second film features “unacceptable material” throughout.

Last year, The Human Centipede (First Sequence) was released, uncut, as an 18, and featured three subjects sewn together end-to-end by an insane doctor.

A report by the BBFC draws focus to two scenes, one of which features sandpaper, another of which features barbed wire, both in places of extreme discomfort.

"The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the ‘human centipede’of the title," says the report, by BBFC director David Cooke.

"Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting, it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at ‘18’.

"This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the ‘centipede’ idea into practice."

The report goes on to say the sequel focuses on: “the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture and murder of his naked victims".

"The explicit presentation of the central character’s obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers."

Cook justified the ban by saying: "“It is the Board's carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to this work, even if confined to adults, would be inconsistent with the Board's Guidelines, would risk potential harm within the terms of the VRA, and would be unacceptable to the public."
On the MTV Movie Awards, Jason Sudeikis quipped, "How did Human Centipede not get nominated for best kiss?"
Last edited by Batman on 07 Jun 2011, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Dawson

#115 Post by Dawson » 07 Jun 2011, 07:32

Batman wrote:
dawson99 wrote:The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) has been rejected by the British Board of Film Classification because it is “sexually violent and potentially obscene”.

On the MTV Movie Awards, Andy Sudeikis quipped, "I can't believe The Human Centipede was overlooked for Best Kiss."
Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass to mouth.

Batman

#116 Post by Batman » 07 Jun 2011, 07:32

Damn. Quoted too fast.

Dawson

#117 Post by Dawson » 07 Jun 2011, 07:37

Batman wrote:Damn. Quoted too fast.
It's a film quote as well?

Batman

#118 Post by Batman » 07 Jun 2011, 07:44

dawson99 wrote:
Batman wrote:Damn. Quoted too fast.
It's a film quote as well?
I screwed up Sudeikis's first name as well as missing the verbatim quote.

Sela

#119 Post by Sela » 08 Jun 2011, 08:52

bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

#120 Post by bratzks » 08 Jun 2011, 13:09

Darn. It's blocked now.
Image Image Image

Sela

#121 Post by Sela » 09 Jun 2011, 08:02

Sela

#122 Post by Sela » 10 Jul 2011, 11:57

Image Image

Sela

#123 Post by Sela » 21 Jul 2011, 05:20

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS Gets Its Release Date!

AintItCool.com wrote:We've been waiting patiently through the entire MGM bankruptcy fiasco about word of Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon's CABIN IN THE WOODS, starring Chris Hemsworth, pre-THOR, in a movie that very much riffs off EVIL DEAD and other haunted house films. The film's been in the can since 2009, and the supporting cast looks great too - Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Jesse Williams - and I've been wanting to see this one in forever.

Now that the dust is settled, Lionsgate will release the film, and it looks like we now have a date - April 13, 2012. Now if someone could release RED DAWN, also by MGM and also starring Hemsworth - am I sensing a trend here? - all would be right in the world.

Dawson

#124 Post by Dawson » 01 Aug 2011, 23:25

Batman

#125 Post by Batman » 01 Aug 2011, 23:35

dawson99 wrote:Say Anything 2?
In a world where kickboxing is the sport of the present...