Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Message
Author
User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#301 Post by bratzks » 25 Aug 2009, 22:54

A² wrote:
AngelTash wrote:A few years ago, I would have nominated Heather Graham to star in a Barbarella remake.
a few years ago i would have nominated her to star in a wet dream
A few years ago, she received an Oscar nod in my wet dream.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#302 Post by » 26 Aug 2009, 00:01

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:
AngelTash wrote:A few years ago, I would have nominated Heather Graham to star in a Barbarella remake.
a few years ago i would have nominated her to star in a wet dream
A few years ago, she received an Oscar nod in my wet dream.
Are you sure that wasn't Golden Globes?
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40107
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#303 Post by alan smithee » 26 Aug 2009, 00:23

A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:
AngelTash wrote:A few years ago, I would have nominated Heather Graham to star in a Barbarella remake.
a few years ago i would have nominated her to star in a wet dream
A few years ago, she received an Oscar nod in my wet dream.
Are you sure that wasn't Golden Globes?
wd
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#304 Post by » 26 Aug 2009, 00:29

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:
AngelTash wrote:A few years ago, I would have nominated Heather Graham to star in a Barbarella remake.
a few years ago i would have nominated her to star in a wet dream
A few years ago, she received an Oscar nod in my wet dream.
Are you sure that wasn't Golden Globes?
wd
ty
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40107
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#305 Post by alan smithee » 26 Aug 2009, 00:31

A² wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:
AngelTash wrote:A few years ago, I would have nominated Heather Graham to star in a Barbarella remake.
a few years ago i would have nominated her to star in a wet dream
A few years ago, she received an Oscar nod in my wet dream.
Are you sure that wasn't Golden Globes?
wd
ty
np
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#306 Post by Agrajag » 24 Dec 2009, 22:01

This seems destined to fail, unless the director is actually this guy... then it might be interesting
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#307 Post by Agrajag » 09 Jan 2010, 20:01

robin_hood_poster.jpg
[/url]
Really? We need another Robin Hood film?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13714
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#308 Post by Odd Todd » 09 Jan 2010, 22:57

Agrajag wrote:
robin_hood_poster.jpg
[/url]
Really? We need another Robin Hood film?
If it's Ridley Scott... yes. :tongue:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#309 Post by bing » 11 Jan 2010, 16:43

Man, wtf?
Sony Switches Spider-Man Plans
By BROOKS BARNES

Spider-Man and Tobey Maguire are parting ways. Mr. Maguire was set to reprise his arachnid role in “Spider-Man 4” in May 2011 with Sam Raimi, who directed the first three installments, returning to the helm. But following disagreements about the creative direction of the fourth film (Hollywood translation: the script wasn’t so good and there were conflicting casting strategies), Mr. Raimi opted to move on, according to Deadline.com. Rather than move forward with a different director, Sony decided to push the button on a “Spider-Man” reboot that it has been simultaneously developing. In a press release Monday afternoon, Sony confirmed that the next “Spider-Man” movie will take Peter Parker back to high school. The new chapter, written by James Vanderbilt (“Zodiac”), will have a new cast and director and focus on “a teenager dealing with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises,” Sony said. The target release date is summer 2012. Together, the first three “Spider-Man” movies sold over $1 billion in tickets at North American theaters, according to Box Office Mojo.
A reboot 10 years from the start of the last franchise and 5 years from the last movie? Baffling.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40107
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#310 Post by alan smithee » 11 Jan 2010, 19:29

bing wrote:Man, wtf?
Sony Switches Spider-Man Plans
By BROOKS BARNES

Spider-Man and Tobey Maguire are parting ways. Mr. Maguire was set to reprise his arachnid role in “Spider-Man 4” in May 2011 with Sam Raimi, who directed the first three installments, returning to the helm. But following disagreements about the creative direction of the fourth film (Hollywood translation: the script wasn’t so good and there were conflicting casting strategies), Mr. Raimi opted to move on, according to Deadline.com. Rather than move forward with a different director, Sony decided to push the button on a “Spider-Man” reboot that it has been simultaneously developing. In a press release Monday afternoon, Sony confirmed that the next “Spider-Man” movie will take Peter Parker back to high school. The new chapter, written by James Vanderbilt (“Zodiac”), will have a new cast and director and focus on “a teenager dealing with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises,” Sony said. The target release date is summer 2012. Together, the first three “Spider-Man” movies sold over $1 billion in tickets at North American theaters, according to Box Office Mojo.
A reboot 10 years from the start of the last franchise and 5 years from the last movie? Baffling.
Except another reboot to occur an hour into the next movie.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33811
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#311 Post by Steel Frog » 11 Jan 2010, 19:35

alan smithee wrote:
bing wrote:Man, wtf?
Sony Switches Spider-Man Plans
By BROOKS BARNES

Spider-Man and Tobey Maguire are parting ways. Mr. Maguire was set to reprise his arachnid role in “Spider-Man 4” in May 2011 with Sam Raimi, who directed the first three installments, returning to the helm. But following disagreements about the creative direction of the fourth film (Hollywood translation: the script wasn’t so good and there were conflicting casting strategies), Mr. Raimi opted to move on, according to Deadline.com. Rather than move forward with a different director, Sony decided to push the button on a “Spider-Man” reboot that it has been simultaneously developing. In a press release Monday afternoon, Sony confirmed that the next “Spider-Man” movie will take Peter Parker back to high school. The new chapter, written by James Vanderbilt (“Zodiac”), will have a new cast and director and focus on “a teenager dealing with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises,” Sony said. The target release date is summer 2012. Together, the first three “Spider-Man” movies sold over $1 billion in tickets at North American theaters, according to Box Office Mojo.
A reboot 10 years from the start of the last franchise and 5 years from the last movie? Baffling.
Except another reboot to occur an hour into the next movie.
"We've secretly replaced Zac Efron as Spider-Man with Freddie Highmore. Let's see if anyone notices."

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30102
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#312 Post by Batman » 08 Feb 2010, 02:34

Personally, I think it's a little early for another Willy Wonka remake, but those crazy Iranians see things another way. This shot shows TV Mehmet just before he is shrunk down:
Willy Wonkahmadinejad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8504
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#313 Post by Middle » 08 Feb 2010, 02:49

Batman wrote:Personally, I think it's a little early for another Willy Wonka remake, but those crazy Iranians see things another way. This shot shows TV Mehmet just before he is shrunk down:
Willy Wonkahmadinejad.jpg
:lol:

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this shot yesterday.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33811
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#314 Post by Steel Frog » 08 Feb 2010, 09:39

Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:Personally, I think it's a little early for another Willy Wonka remake, but those crazy Iranians see things another way. This shot shows TV Mehmet just before he is shrunk down:
Willy Wonkahmadinejad.jpg
:lol:

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this shot yesterday.
:lol: :green:

Is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lobbying to be the next Bond villain?

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30102
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#315 Post by Batman » 08 Feb 2010, 09:43

Steel Frog wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:Personally, I think it's a little early for another Willy Wonka remake, but those crazy Iranians see things another way. This shot shows TV Mehmet just before he is shrunk down:
Image
:lol:

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this shot yesterday.
:lol: :green:

Is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lobbying to be the next Bond villain?
Yeah. He's looking to be cast as Dr Pullmyfinger.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#316 Post by snotball » 27 Feb 2010, 07:17

snotball wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
snotball wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
snotball wrote:I've just found out that Speilberg is remaking Oldboy.
Wow. Serious mixed feelings here. I'd hate for the film to lose edginess, but I'd like to be able to understand it better.
What couldn't you understand about it?
Well, now I just feel stupid. Stylistic choices mostly (like, say, why a hammer?) -- the plot does eventually unravel itself. The self-mutilation towards the end is also a choice I'm never gonna get, from either a plot or an art POV.
In that case, I don't see Speilberg's version helping you there, since it's gonna be a tamer version for sure.
Apparently Speilberg is off the project.
Bad dates

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#317 Post by Dawson » 27 Feb 2010, 07:21

Brett Ratner has taken over, its gonna be Martin Lawrences new film
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#318 Post by Dawson » 25 Mar 2010, 03:43

Paul W S Anderson to remake Buck Rogers

Image
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8504
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#319 Post by Middle » 25 Mar 2010, 05:04

dawson99 wrote:Paul W S Anderson to remake Buck Rogers

Image
...which will inexplicably now also star Milla Jovovich...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#320 Post by Sela » 06 Apr 2010, 18:11

Joblo.com wrote:Image

Particularly for those who grew up in the 80s and the VHS years to follow, the college comedy REAL GENIUS is rightfully beloved for the whirlwind of awesome that is Val Kilmer.

Now Pajiba says that a remake of the quotable fave is in the works at Columbia, with Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment responsible for trying to find someone who could possibly replace Kilmer's perfect deadpan smarm. (Grazer actually produced REAL GENIUS the first time around).

The 1985 original followed teen genius Mitch (Gabe Jarret), a new student at a tech university who's assigned to share a project and dorm room (along with closet-denizen Lazlo Hollyfeld, played by the still-omnipresent Jon Gries) with Kilmer's hotshot brainiac Chris Knight. Partying, lasers, inventions, indoor sledding and nervous breakdowns ensue.

A few years ago, a sequel was rumored and Kilmer expressed interest in returning, but the project is now getting the remake treatment instead.
8 more months of school.....
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#321 Post by Sela » 09 Apr 2010, 06:12

A very interesting article about the changes on Clash of the Titans, from its original script (Beware of spoilers...)

BY ZEUS! THE VERSION OF CLASH OF THE TITANS YOU DIDN'T SEE
8 more months of school.....
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#322 Post by Sela » 15 Apr 2010, 07:41

Wasn't sure where else to post it, since I can't seem to find a FYNC thread

Image
8 more months of school.....
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#323 Post by Sela » 21 Apr 2010, 18:59

A new motion poster for A Nightmare on Elm Street is simple and effective. It's great, but it really, really makes me cringe. Click on the pic to find out why. (Make sure your sound is on)

Image
8 more months of school.....
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#324 Post by Sela » 11 May 2010, 05:57

Image

I've always been a fan of Fright Night. Apparently Colin Farrell has joined the cast on the remake, playing the part originally played by Chris Sarandon. He joins the already signed Anton Yelchin and Toni Colette
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Remakes, Remakes, Remakes

#325 Post by Dawson » 11 May 2010, 05:59

Sela wrote:Image

I've always been a fan of Fright Night. Apparently Colin Farrell has joined the cast on the remake, playing the part originally played by Chris Sarandon. He joins the already signed Anton Yelchin and Toni Colette
they're remaking this now as well??? This is William Ragsdale's masterpiece and the reason I saw Frankenstein the college years.
Although I am a fan of Anton Yelchin...who's taking the Roddy McDowell character? Is it Helena Bonham Carter again?
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Post Reply