Random Film News Thread

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Re: Random Film News Thread

#51 Post by Dawson » 02 Nov 2010, 08:51

Sheila will like this:

I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie

#52 Post by Sheila1313 » 02 Nov 2010, 11:36

dawson99 wrote:Sheila will like this:

Nice! :)
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

#53 Post by Sela » 02 Nov 2010, 11:43

Sheila1313 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Sheila will like this:

Nice! :)
Sweet!!!
8 more months of school.....

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#54 Post by Steel Frog » 02 Nov 2010, 14:08

Ariel's having nightmares again
Do they involve the inability to locate a complete outfit?

Dawson

#55 Post by Dawson » 03 Nov 2010, 06:38

I think its a little mermaid sequel.. and this time she's pissed

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#56 Post by Steel Frog » 03 Nov 2010, 08:07

dawson99 wrote:I think its a little mermaid sequel.. and this time she's pissed
Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my mutation's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl who decapitates ev'rything?

Dawson

#57 Post by Dawson » 03 Nov 2010, 08:16

Steel Frog wrote:
:lol:

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#58 Post by knarf » 03 Nov 2010, 08:35

dawson99 wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
:lol:
:D

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#59 Post by alan smithee » 01 Jan 2011, 17:02

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Sela

#60 Post by Sela » 13 Jan 2011, 13:06

First official pic of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#61 Post by Middle » 15 Jan 2011, 09:07

Sela wrote:First official pic of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man
yay, looks like emo-spidey's back... :roll:
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Sela

#62 Post by Sela » 20 Jan 2011, 08:24

Joblo.com wrote:Movie ads to be featured in the Superbowl

So far COWBOYS & ALIENS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON, SUPER 8, RANGO, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, LIMITLESS and obvs JUSTIN BIEBER: NEVER SAY NEVER. Warner Bros. is surprisingly taking a pass on SUCKER PUNCH and Fox does not comment on Super Bowl plans but considering the game is being aired on Fox, I'd wager on a X-MEN: FIRST CLASS ad.

While those ads will run during the game itself, a number of films will be advertising during the pre- and post-game shows. Sony will have a big pre-game presence with BATTLE: LOS ANGELES, PRIEST and JUST GO WITH IT running ads while Paramount will add to their already impressive roster with spots for KUNG FU PANDA 2.

Considering just a few years ago, we barely had any movie ads during the Super Bowl, this is a pretty impressive lineup. Is there anything you think is missing?

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#63 Post by Middle » 24 Jan 2011, 08:30

Keanu Reeves talks about Matrix 4 on AICN.

Well, we can still hope it'll be as cool as #1...

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#64 Post by Odd Todd » 24 Jan 2011, 10:10

Middle wrote:Keanu Reeves talks about Matrix 4 on AICN.

"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Sela

#65 Post by Sela » 24 Jan 2011, 11:23

Ready for Avatar 2 and 3? James Cameron announces release dates

If you've been paying attention, you know James Cameron has been talking up a return to the world of Pandora for two Avatar sequels almost since the day the original premiered. But what we didn't know is WHEN. Until today ...

You'll have a few more years to wait for the Na'vi trilogy, though: Cameron says that, although the two sequels will be filmed together, the release dates aren't until Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015.

Cameron has kept the plot close to his chest. However, he told EW that some characters will be returning. "Basically, if you survived the first film, you get to be in the second film, at least in some form."

EW reports:

One thing's for sure: some percentage of the presumably-massive Avatar sequel gross will go to charity. "Fox has partnered with me to donate a chunk of the profits to environmental causes that are at the heart of the Avatar world," says the director. "I didn't want to make more Avatar movies without a grander plan in place."

Now that the Na'vi have repelled the human invaders and Jake has become the chief of the Omaticaya clan, what do you think is in store for our heroes in the upcoming movies?

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#66 Post by Batman » 24 Jan 2011, 15:35

Sela wrote:Ready for Avatar 2 and 3? James Cameron announces release dates

If you've been paying attention, you know James Cameron has been talking up a return to the world of Pandora for two Avatar sequels almost since the day the original premiered. But what we didn't know is WHEN. Until today ...

You'll have a few more years to wait for the Na'vi trilogy, though: Cameron says that, although the two sequels will be filmed together, the release dates aren't until Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015.

Cameron has kept the plot close to his chest. However, he told EW that some characters will be returning. "Basically, if you survived the first film, you get to be in the second film, at least in some form."

EW reports:

One thing's for sure: some percentage of the presumably-massive Avatar sequel gross will go to charity. "Fox has partnered with me to donate a chunk of the profits to environmental causes that are at the heart of the Avatar world," says the director. "I didn't want to make more Avatar movies without a grander plan in place."

Now that the Na'vi have repelled the human invaders and Jake has become the chief of the Omaticaya clan, what do you think is in store for our heroes in the upcoming movies?
Well, based on Cameron's plagiarization of Dances with Wolves, I'm guessing the second will have to deal with how Jake is able to finally bust the most crooked Na'vi on Avatar on tax evasion charges. The third will probably deal with Avatar becoming flooded and Jake is forced to sail the planet looking for dry land.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

alan smithee

#67 Post by alan smithee » 24 Jan 2011, 18:13

Batman wrote:

EW reports:

Well, based on Cameron's plagiarization of Dances with Wolves, I'm guessing the second will have to deal with how Jake is able to finally bust the most crooked Na'vi on Avatar on tax evasion charges. The third will probably deal with Avatar becoming flooded and Jake is forced to sail the planet looking for dry land.
wd
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

#68 Post by knarf » 24 Jan 2011, 19:01

alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:

EW reports:

wd
:D :green:

Sela

#69 Post by Sela » 25 Jan 2011, 05:08

knarf wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:

EW reports:

wd
Personally, I thought that the next one at least would deal with Jake's exhaustive investigation into Eytukan's death, unraveling a Na'vi conspiracy of untold proportions, while explaining the strange trajectories of the "magic missiles"...And Donald Sutherland is back as the conveniently-well-informed-and-willing-to-spill-the-beans retired Na'vi colonel...

...and the next one is about a perfect baseball game.

Fat Head
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#70 Post by Fat Head » 25 Jan 2011, 06:54

Sela wrote:
knarf wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Batman wrote:

EW reports:

wd
Personally, I thought that the next one at least would deal with Jake's exhaustive investigation into Eytukan's death, unraveling a Na'vi conspiracy of untold proportions, while explaining the strange trajectories of the "magic missiles"...And Donald Sutherland is back as the conveniently-well-informed-and-willing-to-spill-the-beans retired Na'vi colonel...

...and the next one is about a perfect baseball game.
Where is Aquaman in all of this?
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing

Sela

#71 Post by Sela » 25 Jan 2011, 08:36

Joblo's 2011 Studio previews

Warner Bros

Sony Pictures

Universal

Paramount
Last edited by Sela on 27 Jan 2011, 06:32, edited 2 times in total.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#72 Post by Middle » 26 Jan 2011, 01:49

Odd Todd wrote:
Middle wrote:Keanu Reeves talks about Matrix 4 on AICN.

Oh, and apparently it's all bullshit.

Sela

#73 Post by Sela » 27 Jan 2011, 06:32

Joblo's 2011 Studio previews

Warner Bros

Sony Pictures

Universal

Paramount

And 1 more

Disney

Sela

#74 Post by Sela » 27 Jan 2011, 09:49

Deadline.com wrote:Javier Bardem Wanted For 'The Dark Tower'

EXCLUSIVE: After Javier Bardem's terrifying Oscar-winning turn as the assassin in No Country For Old Men, is there any doubt he'd fit as the gunslinger Roland Deschain in The Dark Tower, the mammoth adaptation of the Stephen King 7-novel series that’ll span three movies and a limited run TV series in between?

I'm told that Bardem has officially been offered the lead role by director Ron Howard and Universal Pictures. While formal negotiations haven't yet begun, there's a high level of enthusiasm internally that they've got their cowboy. Akiva Goldsman has scripted the first movie, and will write the TV component as well. Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer is producing with Goldsman and the author. Universal is financing and distributing the films, and NBC Universal Television Entertainment is backing the TV component, which will either be a limited run series or a miniseries.

It has been a heady week for Bardem. He received a Best Actor nomination for his performance as a terminally ill street hustler in the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed Biutiful, and Bardem and Penelope Cruz just welcomed their first son into the world. Since Deadline first revealed that King, Goldsman, Howard and Grazer were joining forces on the ambitious project that would tell the story on multiple platforms, speculation has been rampant over who'd play the lead role. Bardem has been mentioned, as has Viggo Mortensen and Christian Bale. Deschain is the last living member of a knightly order of gunslingers, and humanity’s last hope to save a civilization that will fall unless he finds the Dark Tower. At the time, Howard and Goldsman told me they saw the trilogy as their answer to the Peter Jackson-directed adaptation of JRR Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Instead of Middle Earth, the venue has an old West feel, which Goldsman described at the time as “an alternate Americana, one part post-apocalyptic, one part Sergio Leone.”

Bardem just wrapped the untitled next feature by Terrence Malick.

Howard plans at this point to direct the initial film as well as the TV component that will create a bridge to the second feature. The plan calls for the original actors to headline the TV version as well. The second film will pick up where the first left off. That would be followed by a TV installment that would be a prequel that introduces Deschain as a young man. The third film brings back the original cast once again return and complete the screen trilogy. So if Bardem closes a deal, he’ll likely appear in all three films and that first TV stint. Imagine's Erica Huggins will be executive producer with Kerry Foster of Weed Road. Bardem's repped by WME.

Sela

#75 Post by Sela » 30 Jan 2011, 09:48

Henry Cavill is Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL!

Just got this confirmed... Henry Cavill has not only screen tested for SUPERMAN in SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL, but he has officially signed aboard and is soon to be announced as Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN!!!

Henry Cavill is still mainly unknown in the film world, being known for his work on THE TUDORS as Charles Brandon. He's played parts in HELLRAISER: HELLWORLD, TRISTON + ISOLDE, STARDUST and he'll be playing Theseus in the upcoming IMMORTALS.

Word is it that everyone involved in production is thrilled with Cavill's take. That Zack is over the moon for him. They'll begin shooting in 4 months... and the world holds their collective breath.