Help Identify this Song

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Help Identify this Song

#1 Post by JJ » 13 Nov 2006, 11:41

Largely instrumental tune; I think it's by The Police, but went through the whole Box Set and couldn't identify it.

Anyway, slow build-up, then a person (presumably The Sting) joins in:

Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo,
Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo,
Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo!
Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo!

Eventually it builds up:

Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo! Eee yea yo! Eee yea yo! Eee yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yeah!

I think the music slows and cuts about there. What's the dang song called? Good tune.

[For word sounds above: Eee rhymes with 'see'; yo rhymes with 'ho'; yea rhymes with 'hey'; yeah is 'yeah' as in She Loves You...]
La la la la la.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5940
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

#2 Post by TK421 » 13 Nov 2006, 11:44

Dyslexic Old MacDonald?

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5917
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

#3 Post by Buckykatt » 13 Nov 2006, 13:43

:lol: TK

It's the end of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic that has all the Eee Yo stuff....not sure I'd describe it exactly as you did above, though. (and can't believe I'm actually answering a "What's that song that goes da da da da dadadadum" kind of question :D )

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#4 Post by JJ » 13 Nov 2006, 13:54

Buckykatt wrote::lol: TK

It's the end of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic that has all the Eee Yo stuff....not sure I'd describe it exactly as you did above, though. (and can't believe I'm actually answering a "What's that song that goes da da da da dadadadum" kind of question :D )
Thanks, but it's not that one. This is about a 2 minute or longer snippet, and I think it's stand-alone (though it could be a loooong introduction a la Foreplay/Longtime, or the trailing end of some other song).


FWIW, ELTSDiM has Stink muttering about that DoIHaveToTellaStoryAbout1000RainyDaysSinceWeFirstMet crap, which he fits into about 8 different songs. Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?
La la la la la.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

#5 Post by You Know, for Kids » 13 Nov 2006, 14:10

JJ wrote:Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?
"My wife has burned the scrambled eggs.
The dog just bit my leg.
My teenage daughter ran away.
My fine youg son has turned out gay...

And it would be ok, on any other day."
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#6 Post by JJ » 13 Nov 2006, 14:34

You Know, for Kids wrote:
JJ wrote:Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?
"My wife has burned the scrambled eggs.
The dog just bit my leg.
My teenage daughter ran away.
My fine youg son has turned out gay...

And it would be ok, on any other day."
So the whole "punchline" of that tune is that it's his Birthday? I think that song disturbs me more than Be My Girl Sally.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6761
Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Gender: Male
Location: On the Loose

#7 Post by Toasty » 14 Nov 2006, 12:01

Hey JJ,
Are you thinking of "Walking on the Moon", from the Synchronicity album....?
I haven't heard it in a long time, but it's that album that keeps coming to mind when I try all the various ways of singing Eee Yo, Eee Yo, yo, yo.... Ee Yo, eee yo, yo, yo.

That album has the songs Synchronicity I and Synchronicity II, one of which is a more experiemental ensemble thing.

OR are you talking about that newer-ish Hindi mix thing he's been doing?
Elegant Violence

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#8 Post by JJ » 14 Nov 2006, 12:14

Toasty wrote:Hey JJ,
Are you thinking of "Walking on the Moon", from the Synchronicity album....?
I haven't heard it in a long time, but it's that album that keeps coming to mind when I try all the various ways of singing Eee Yo, Eee Yo, yo, yo.... Ee Yo, eee yo, yo, yo.

That album has the songs Synchronicity I and Synchronicity II, one of which is a more experiemental ensemble thing.

OR are you talking about that newer-ish Hindi mix thing he's been doing?
It's not Walken on the Moon. It doesn't sound Hindi, and I sorta ruled out the new Stink because it actually sounds good.

For respective time to complete the lines, the first "Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo" takes about 4-5 seconds to get out. The ending "Eee yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yeah" takes the same amount of time for him to sing.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5917
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

#9 Post by Buckykatt » 14 Nov 2006, 14:15

JJ, try Regatta de Blanc from the album of the same name, see if that's it....

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#10 Post by JJ » 14 Nov 2006, 14:29

Buckykatt wrote:JJ, try Regatta de Blanc from the album of the same name, see if that's it....
:green: Thanks so much. I must have missed this rummaging through the box set.

The rest of you should all go out and listen to it now as punishment.
La la la la la.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#11 Post by JJ » 14 Nov 2006, 14:32

Wow. The song won a Grammy in '81? Maybe you guys would have found it easier had I suggested that. :roll:
La la la la la.

rinasings2u
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Jun 2008, 11:51

Re: Help Identify this Song

#12 Post by rinasings2u » 12 Jan 2009, 15:01

hahahah what . i hate when i cant figure out a song

Post Reply