Steam/GOG - PC Gaming

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Steam/GOG - PC Gaming

#1 Post by Scruluce » 25 Jun 2020, 16:26

Anyone else on either of these platforms?

I started on Galaxy of Games, and have several free - or cheaply priced - titles downloaded. SW: Force Unleashed (both), Dragon's Lair trilogy, older Wolfenstein titles, Witcher series ...

More recently, I joined Steam to support my bro-in-law by purchasing his first indie game (solo project, save for outsourced music).
Last edited by Scruluce on 07 Jul 2020, 09:54, edited 4 times in total.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Steam/GOG - PC Gaming

#2 Post by Scruluce » 25 Jun 2020, 16:29

This recent tweet from my BiL states that his game is on sale, should anyone want to check it out. It's an homage to older 2D PC titles.

redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#3 Post by redamin » 26 Jun 2020, 07:28

I use Steam quite a bit. I will add your BiL's game to my list of things to check out the next time I go on a game buying binge.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#4 Post by Scruluce » 28 Jun 2020, 14:27

redamin wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 07:28
I use Steam quite a bit. I will add your BiL's game to my list of things to check out the next time I go on a game buying binge.
:green: :banana:

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#5 Post by Middle » 07 Jul 2020, 05:51

Scruluce wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 14:27
redamin wrote:
Same.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#6 Post by Scruluce » 07 Jul 2020, 09:54

Middle wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 05:51
Scruluce wrote:
redamin wrote:
Same.
he has been updating the game frequently, adding weapons, bug fixes, etc.

What else are you guys playing?

I started on GoG because they had working versions of 7th Guest and 11th Hour (and also a release of the fan-made 13th Doll).
I've also picked up Diablo, Warcraft, and Warcraft II, as those aren't available through Blizzard anymore.
Also, the entire Myst series.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#7 Post by Middle » 21 Jul 2020, 05:17

Scruluce wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 09:54
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
redamin wrote:
Same.

I started on GoG because they had working versions of 7th Guest and 11th Hour (and also a release of the fan-made 13th Doll).
I've also picked up Diablo, Warcraft, and Warcraft II, as those aren't available through Blizzard anymore.
I believe I purchased Freespace 2 through GoG way back when. Still an excellent game.
Now I mostly play Steam/Origin/Epic games. I usually wait a few years for great older games to drop into the bargain bin. I just started GTA V, as it was free (!) on Epic a month ago.
I'm also a big fan of the Far Cry series and most recently got the remastered versions of Command & Conquer. But I haven't yet started playing that.

redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#8 Post by redamin » 21 Jul 2020, 07:30

Middle wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 05:17
Scruluce wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 09:54
Middle wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
redamin wrote:
Same.

I believe I purchased Freespace 2 through GoG way back when. Still an excellent game.
Now I mostly play Steam/Origin/Epic games. I usually wait a few years for great older games to drop into the bargain bin. I just started GTA V, as it was free (!) on Epic a month ago.
I'm also a big fan of the Far Cry series and most recently got the remastered versions of Command & Conquer. But I haven't yet started playing that.
I grabbed GTA V when it was free too. Still haven't actually downloaded it yet. About to build a new PC, so I'm just gonna wait for the new fancy hard drives instead of having to transfer everything.

At the moment I'm playing a lot of Destiny 2. Had it on console, but as soon as it went f2p, I transferred my account. I also really like Breathedge and Subnautica. And looking forward to whenever Cyberpunk 2077 actually comes out!

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#9 Post by Scruluce » 21 Jul 2020, 09:16

Middle wrote:
remastered Command & Conquer? What?! I have to look those up.
That's another reference that NO ONE ever gets. Whenever I do something successfully with my non-dominant arm, I sorta grunt out a "that was left-handed."

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#10 Post by Middle » 21 Jul 2020, 23:42

Scruluce wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 09:16
Middle wrote:
remastered Command & Conquer? What?! I have to look those up.
That's another reference that NO ONE ever gets. Whenever I do something successfully with my non-dominant arm, I sorta grunt out a "that was left-handed."
It's a full remaster, they really pumped some resources into this one. They upscaled the graphics, remastered the cinematics, re-recorded some of the music etc.
You get both C&C and Red Alert for just $20, which is a pretty good deal.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#11 Post by Scruluce » 24 Aug 2020, 15:21

no special equipment required...slither.io is rather addictive in its simplicity.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#12 Post by Middle » 30 Aug 2020, 22:48

I recently purchased Jedi: Fallen Order. Excellent game so far. Gameplay reminds me of the Prince of Persia games from the early/mid 2000s. It can be picked up fairly cheap now.