Mass Effect

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Message
Author
Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#26 Post by Philip » 16 May 2011, 21:21

Apparently, if you pursue certain inter-species romance options, you can go talk to Mordin before you go the whole hog and he'll give you some medical advice specific to the character. If it's Tali, he'll warn you about her vulnerable immune system and give you some meds to help her. If it's Garrus, he'll warn you about the chaffing and will offer you some cream.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#27 Post by » 16 May 2011, 23:43

Philip wrote:Apparently, if you pursue certain inter-species romance options, you can go talk to Mordin before you go the whole hog and he'll give you some medical advice specific to the character. If it's Tali, he'll warn you about her vulnerable immune system and give you some meds to help her. If it's Garrus, he'll warn you about the chaffing and will offer you some cream.
Mordin is the most entertaining guy to talk to.


This current play through is the first time I've noticed you can get Joker's opinion on each of the other team members if you ask him what he thinks of the team after you have been on a mission with them.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8529
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Mass Effect

#28 Post by Middle » 17 May 2011, 03:17

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:Apparently, if you pursue certain inter-species romance options, you can go talk to Mordin before you go the whole hog and he'll give you some medical advice specific to the character. If it's Tali, he'll warn you about her vulnerable immune system and give you some meds to help her. If it's Garrus, he'll warn you about the chaffing and will offer you some cream.
Mordin is the most entertaining guy to talk to.


This current play through is the first time I've noticed you can get Joker's opinion on each of the other team members if you ask him what he thinks of the team after you have been on a mission with them.
Joker is too far from the usual walking paths. I hardly ever talk to him.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#29 Post by » 17 May 2011, 03:45

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:Apparently, if you pursue certain inter-species romance options, you can go talk to Mordin before you go the whole hog and he'll give you some medical advice specific to the character. If it's Tali, he'll warn you about her vulnerable immune system and give you some meds to help her. If it's Garrus, he'll warn you about the chaffing and will offer you some cream.
Mordin is the most entertaining guy to talk to.


This current play through is the first time I've noticed you can get Joker's opinion on each of the other team members if you ask him what he thinks of the team after you have been on a mission with them.
Joker is too far from the usual walking paths. I hardly ever talk to him.
That's probably why it took me this long to notice his unique dialogue
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#30 Post by Philip » 17 May 2011, 22:39

Middle wrote:Joker is too far from the usual walking paths. I hardly ever talk to him.
Yeah, same here. I think I heard most of his dialogue first time through. All subsequent plays, I never talked to him.
A² wrote:Insanity is going so well that twice I have gone into my settings and checked to make sure I was still playing at that difficulty. It only took me 20 minutes to beat the end of Horizon. Now I am knocking out all the recruitment and loyalty missions. I am managing to only die 7 or 8 times per mission. Sentinal is pretty clearly the optimal class for my playing style. I use the armor, warp & overload and I chose warp ammo for my bonus power. I have been bringing Kasumi and Miranda as my regular partners.
I grew to enjoy the sentinel by the end, mostly because I found I was going through missions without ever dying. Once tech armor is up to full power and you have all the shield/damage protection boosts, you're about invincible. The pulse effect is really useful too giving you an extra second or two to get into cover, recharge and power up the tech armor again. Fighting husks is fun. Let them gather around you doing melee damage and when your shield goes down, the shockwave wipes them out (might not be so successful on insanity).

Been playing with the infiltrator and the adept (hardcore). Infiltrator is pretty good (being able to disappear and run out of trouble is very useful) but sniping isn't really my cup of tea. Adept on the other hand is awesome. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it and want to levitate, throw and slam your screaming enemies around the room with the power of your mind.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#31 Post by » 18 May 2011, 00:37

Philip wrote:
Middle wrote:Joker is too far from the usual walking paths. I hardly ever talk to him.
Yeah, same here. I think I heard most of his dialogue first time through. All subsequent plays, I never talked to him.
A² wrote:Insanity is going so well that twice I have gone into my settings and checked to make sure I was still playing at that difficulty. It only took me 20 minutes to beat the end of Horizon. Now I am knocking out all the recruitment and loyalty missions. I am managing to only die 7 or 8 times per mission. Sentinal is pretty clearly the optimal class for my playing style. I use the armor, warp & overload and I chose warp ammo for my bonus power. I have been bringing Kasumi and Miranda as my regular partners.
I grew to enjoy the sentinel by the end, mostly because I found I was going through missions without ever dying. Once tech armor is up to full power and you have all the shield/damage protection boosts, you're about invincible. The pulse effect is really useful too giving you an extra second or two to get into cover, recharge and power up the tech armor again. Fighting husks is fun. Let them gather around you doing melee damage and when your shield goes down, the shockwave wipes them out (might not be so successful on insanity).

Been playing with the infiltrator and the adept (hardcore). Infiltrator is pretty good (being able to disappear and run out of trouble is very useful) but sniping isn't really my cup of tea. Adept on the other hand is awesome. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it and want to levitate, throw and slam your screaming enemies around the room with the power of your mind.
I'm still dying plenty on Insanity, but I feel like it would be happening a lot more often with a different class.

I'm pretty sure I have played as an adept before but I don't remember throwing people around like that. It took me a long time to not play the game as a shooter and instead to embrace the powers. I used to hardly ever use powers and now I have done a 180 and will often finish fights without ever having fired my gun.

I tried that shield pulse move on the mission where you find the machine that you have to destroy on the random planet and its sending out an endless wave of husks. The pulse could take them out ok if they had already been hit a few times but it wasn't enough to kill them off if they were full power. Of course, I only have it at level 2 right now.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#32 Post by » 18 May 2011, 12:45

After dying repeatedly for over an hour I am starting to believe I will not be able to escape the disabled Collector vessel.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#33 Post by » 18 May 2011, 12:58

A² wrote:After dying repeatedly for over an hour I am starting to believe I will not be able to escape the disabled Collector vessel.
I've been reading up on strategies to beat the level and from what I have read, the platforms are the part giving folks the most trouble. I'm not saying the platforms were easy, but for me its this damn Praetorian that I can't defeat. I read some new class specific strategies to try to I'm going to give it another go.

The bright side is, if I can get through this, I think this is the last time I have to fight a Praetorian.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#34 Post by » 18 May 2011, 16:06

A² wrote:
A² wrote:After dying repeatedly for over an hour I am starting to believe I will not be able to escape the disabled Collector vessel.
I've been reading up on strategies to beat the level and from what I have read, the platforms are the part giving folks the most trouble. I'm not saying the platforms were easy, but for me its this damn Praetorian that I can't defeat. I read some new class specific strategies to try to I'm going to give it another go.

The bright side is, if I can get through this, I think this is the last time I have to fight a Praetorian.
It only took me 4 more tries once I used some tips I read. Now I've got those Collectors right where I want them.
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#35 Post by Philip » 18 May 2011, 16:53

Image

Your attack is an insult.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#36 Post by » 20 May 2011, 09:23

My message notification tone on my phone is Kelly Chambers saying "you have unread messages at your private terminal." It messes with me a little but, though, when I'm playing Mass Effect and a text comes in. More than once I've thought "wait, what's Kelly doing here?"
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#37 Post by Philip » 24 May 2011, 00:15

A² wrote:
A² wrote:After dying repeatedly for over an hour I am starting to believe I will not be able to escape the disabled Collector vessel.
I've been reading up on strategies to beat the level and from what I have read, the platforms are the part giving folks the most trouble. I'm not saying the platforms were easy, but for me its this damn Praetorian that I can't defeat. I read some new class specific strategies to try to I'm going to give it another go.

The bright side is, if I can get through this, I think this is the last time I have to fight a Praetorian.
I did the disabled Collector mission tonight as adept on hardcore and it was really tough. The platforms were the worst of it for me. Harbinger was a real pain with his warp attack constantly knocking me out of cover for the other collectors to rip to shreds while I'm staggered and can't fire my powers. I lost count of how many times I died. I even restarted the mission at one point to fix my weapons load out. The geth pulse rifle was a bad choice. The Mattock assault rifle was much better and finally got me through.

I got past the Praetorian without dying once. My strategy is always to take cover in the balcony area and pick off the husks and the couple of collectors who show up on the lower level. Once they're out of the way, I'm clear to circle around the balcony keeping the Praetorian at the other side and peppering him with assault rifle shots/warps when he isn't firing his beam.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#38 Post by » 24 May 2011, 03:34

Thats kind of funny. I breezed through the platforms but that Praetorian just destroys me.

Who are you bringing with you for these? I have tried lots of combos but I keep going back to Miranda and Kasumi. I like that they both have powers that work against barriers, armor & shields.

I've been trying to get the achievements for the Arrival expansion. Not killing anyone on the way to rescue the Dr was easy but surviviing all five waves of the Object Rho attack is impossible. I can survive until the 5th wave but by then I am out of bullets and the mech flushes me out of cover and wipes me out. I think I'm just going to go back after I finish this Insanity playthrough and reload that section and play it on Easy or normal.

Assuming I can beat insanity that just leaves me needing the achievement for shooting someone you punch back. For some reason that's something that I never do in the course of regular game play.
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#39 Post by Philip » 24 May 2011, 19:46

Finished Shadow Broker with the adept on hardcore so I got that achievement. Final fight was pretty tough. Turns out I don't have the 'brawler' (shooting a knocked-back enemy) achievement after all. I need to do six more. Figure I'll start a new vanguard, set it to casual gameplay and knock that one out quickly.
Last edited by Philip on 26 May 2011, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8529
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Mass Effect

#40 Post by Middle » 25 May 2011, 00:58

Philip wrote: I've never been able to break up the Miranda/Jack catfight, side with Miranda and then get Jack's loyalty again.
I've actually achieved this when I was pretty high Renegade. I don't know what I said, but it was something like 'stop it, you two!'. It wasn't actually that impressive. Yet they are both loyal to me now. Tali, on the other hand is now not loyal, because I accused her father, instead of her. My best guess is that this may come in handy in next game...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#41 Post by Philip » 26 May 2011, 00:39

Middle wrote:
Philip wrote: I've never been able to break up the Miranda/Jack catfight, side with Miranda and then get Jack's loyalty again.
I've actually achieved this when I was pretty high Renegade. I don't know what I said, but it was something like 'stop it, you two!'. It wasn't actually that impressive. Yet they are both loyal to me now. Tali, on the other hand is now not loyal, because I accused her father, instead of her. My best guess is that this may come in handy in next game...
I've done it that way too. I think you get the option to break it up and remain neutral if you have a high paragon or renegade. What I'm talking about is if you side with one of them, you lose the other's loyalty and can only win it back with really high paragon/renegade. The potential downside is that you will no longer be able to pursue a romance with them.

I think I've played out every variation of Tali's mission - exposing her father vs. withholding the evidence, getting the quarians you helped earlier on your side, choosing both the paragon and renegade speeches.



Have you guys had any problems running the game? On Xbox, I'd say it's been pretty smooth but not entirely without problems. On a scale of one to Oblivion, I'd give it a 3.5. Most of my problems are with sound either cutting out or getting stuck playing the same sound effect endlessly which can actually be quite amusing when you have to play out an entire battle before the scream of a dying merc finally stops. Usually, the sound issues either resolve themselves after a second or two, or I switch to the menu and back and that corrects it. I've also gotten "stuck" a couple of times, unable to move, fire or do anything. It also seems like I'm having a few more problems since installing Arrival but I can't be positive.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8529
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Mass Effect

#42 Post by Middle » 26 May 2011, 03:58

Philip wrote:Have you guys had any problems running the game? On Xbox, I'd say it's been pretty smooth but not entirely without problems. On a scale of one to Oblivion, I'd give it a 3.5. Most of my problems are with sound either cutting out or getting stuck playing the same sound effect endlessly which can actually be quite amusing when you have to play out an entire battle before the scream of a dying merc finally stops. Usually, the sound issues either resolve themselves after a second or two, or I switch to the menu and back and that corrects it. I've also gotten "stuck" a couple of times, unable to move, fire or do anything. It also seems like I'm having a few more problems since installing Arrival but I can't be positive.
I'm playing PC, so I doubt I encounter the same problems regarding performance. No problems with sound, other than some missing speech when I've taken a long break and left the game on. The cutscenes go on after I resume, but without speech.
Other than that, I got stuck only a couple of times on a ledge somewhere, and at the start of that mission where you have to kill a few of those big battle bots to save crates from getting destroyed by them. I hovered in the air and couldn't move away from that spot. Other than that, it's been all good.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#43 Post by » 26 May 2011, 04:56

Middle wrote:
Philip wrote:Have you guys had any problems running the game? On Xbox, I'd say it's been pretty smooth but not entirely without problems. On a scale of one to Oblivion, I'd give it a 3.5. Most of my problems are with sound either cutting out or getting stuck playing the same sound effect endlessly which can actually be quite amusing when you have to play out an entire battle before the scream of a dying merc finally stops. Usually, the sound issues either resolve themselves after a second or two, or I switch to the menu and back and that corrects it. I've also gotten "stuck" a couple of times, unable to move, fire or do anything. It also seems like I'm having a few more problems since installing Arrival but I can't be positive.
I'm playing PC, so I doubt I encounter the same problems regarding performance. No problems with sound, other than some missing speech when I've taken a long break and left the game on. The cutscenes go on after I resume, but without speech.
Other than that, I got stuck only a couple of times on a ledge somewhere, and at the start of that mission where you have to kill a few of those big battle bots to save crates from getting destroyed by them. I hovered in the air and couldn't move away from that spot. Other than that, it's been all good.
I haven't noticed any glitches and I've been playing quite a bit lately.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#44 Post by » 26 May 2011, 05:03

Philip wrote:
Middle wrote:
Philip wrote: I've never been able to break up the Miranda/Jack catfight, side with Miranda and then get Jack's loyalty again.
I've actually achieved this when I was pretty high Renegade. I don't know what I said, but it was something like 'stop it, you two!'. It wasn't actually that impressive. Yet they are both loyal to me now. Tali, on the other hand is now not loyal, because I accused her father, instead of her. My best guess is that this may come in handy in next game...
I've done it that way too. I think you get the option to break it up and remain neutral if you have a high paragon or renegade. What I'm talking about is if you side with one of them, you lose the other's loyalty and can only win it back with really high paragon/renegade. The potential downside is that you will no longer be able to pursue a romance with them.
Miranda is my go to teammate and I'm trying to pursue a Jack romance this time so I have been holding off on completing Jack's loyalty mission. I have done her mission 4 times now. I keep saving my game before I leave, finish the level and then still don't have enough Paragon to keep them both. I'm into the final section of Paragon and it still wasn't enough to do it. I finally got to a point where there were no more missions to run and had to do it.

I just brought Legion on to the Flotilla. That has led to some fun new dialogue. I got through the acquiring the Reaper FF mission without dying too many times but man do I hate those waves of husks that come at you.
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#45 Post by Philip » 26 May 2011, 09:13

Middle wrote:
Philip wrote:Have you guys had any problems running the game? On Xbox, I'd say it's been pretty smooth but not entirely without problems. On a scale of one to Oblivion, I'd give it a 3.5. Most of my problems are with sound either cutting out or getting stuck playing the same sound effect endlessly which can actually be quite amusing when you have to play out an entire battle before the scream of a dying merc finally stops. Usually, the sound issues either resolve themselves after a second or two, or I switch to the menu and back and that corrects it. I've also gotten "stuck" a couple of times, unable to move, fire or do anything. It also seems like I'm having a few more problems since installing Arrival but I can't be positive.
I'm playing PC, so I doubt I encounter the same problems regarding performance. No problems with sound, other than some missing speech when I've taken a long break and left the game on. The cutscenes go on after I resume, but without speech.
Other than that, I got stuck only a couple of times on a ledge somewhere, and at the start of that mission where you have to kill a few of those big battle bots to save crates from getting destroyed by them. I hovered in the air and couldn't move away from that spot. Other than that, it's been all good.
I've had most problems on the mission where you explore the wrecked ship on the edge of a cliff. I've had to restart that one more than a couple of times because I couldn't move.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#46 Post by » 27 May 2011, 06:06

Achievement unlocked 75G Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is now officially my bitch. 2 more achievements until I have the clean sweep
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8529
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Mass Effect

#47 Post by Middle » 27 May 2011, 06:57

A² wrote:Achievement unlocked 75G Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is now officially my bitch. 2 more achievements until I have the clean sweep
Congrats.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#48 Post by » 27 May 2011, 14:11

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:Achievement unlocked 75G Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is now officially my bitch. 2 more achievements until I have the clean sweep
Congrats.
And now I have them all. I don't really know what to do with myself now. I'm slightly tempted to go back and try for all the ME1 achievements.

My Sentinel insanity play through ended up being much easier for me than my Vangard hardcore game. I died much less frequently. I guess that's the difference you get playing the class best suited for your skills and game play. The only hiccup for me on the suicide mission was losing Miranda. She died despite being very much alive with me at the end of the last mission. I guess it serves her right for being such a bitch with Jack.
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Mass Effect

#49 Post by Philip » 27 May 2011, 20:48

A² wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:Achievement unlocked 75G Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is now officially my bitch. 2 more achievements until I have the clean sweep
Congrats.
And now I have them all. I don't really know what to do with myself now. I'm slightly tempted to go back and try for all the ME1 achievements.

My Sentinel insanity play through ended up being much easier for me than my Vangard hardcore game. I died much less frequently. I guess that's the difference you get playing the class best suited for your skills and game play. The only hiccup for me on the suicide mission was losing Miranda. She died despite being very much alive with me at the end of the last mission. I guess it serves her right for being such a bitch with Jack.
vwd. I know how difficult it is. Both of my attempts at insanity stalled on Horizon. I'll try again at some point and see if I can grind it through. I think if I can get past the husk/scion/collector waves, I'll be OK against the Praetorian but after that I have the platforms on the disabled collector ship to worry about. Sentinel might be the way to go for me. When I played before, once I'd got my tech armor and the sentinel passive skill maxed out I stopped dying.

Did you lose Miranda's loyalty by siding with Jack after the catfight? One time I played, I sided with Miranda and lost Jack's loyalty and ddn't have high enough paragon or renegade to win it back. I took Jack into the final battle (along with Thane) and both were still standing when the fight was over. Then when the whole structure came down on top of us, I found Jack's lifeless body crushed under a piece of metal or some rubble or something. She was the only casualty and it cost me getting the No One Left Behind achievement.

I'm about done with the adept. It was fun for a while but I miss the up close action. I find it's a really great class for controlling enemies from afar, throwing out singularities and warps around corners, but you're fucked if they get close or catch you out of cover. I'm back to the vanguard for a bit. I checked my achievements and it turns out I am missing the Brawler achievement and vanguard is the best way to get it. I guess the game is a lot more picky about what counts towards it. I've used the charge/melee/fire approach many times but it seems the enemy still has to be staggering back from the punch when you fire and the shot has the kill. I think I've been taking just a bit too long lining up the shot after meleeing.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Mass Effect

#50 Post by » 27 May 2011, 22:54

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:Achievement unlocked 75G Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is now officially my bitch. 2 more achievements until I have the clean sweep
Congrats.
And now I have them all. I don't really know what to do with myself now. I'm slightly tempted to go back and try for all the ME1 achievements.

My Sentinel insanity play through ended up being much easier for me than my Vangard hardcore game. I died much less frequently. I guess that's the difference you get playing the class best suited for your skills and game play. The only hiccup for me on the suicide mission was losing Miranda. She died despite being very much alive with me at the end of the last mission. I guess it serves her right for being such a bitch with Jack.
vwd. I know how difficult it is. Both of my attempts at insanity stalled on Horizon. I'll try again at some point and see if I can grind it through. I think if I can get past the husk/scion/collector waves, I'll be OK against the Praetorian but after that I have the platforms on the disabled collector ship to worry about. Sentinel might be the way to go for me. When I played before, once I'd got my tech armor and the sentinel passive skill maxed out I stopped dying.

Did you lose Miranda's loyalty by siding with Jack after the catfight? One time I played, I sided with Miranda and lost Jack's loyalty and ddn't have high enough paragon or renegade to win it back. I took Jack into the final battle (along with Thane) and both were still standing when the fight was over. Then when the whole structure came down on top of us, I found Jack's lifeless body crushed under a piece of metal or some rubble or something. She was the only casualty and it cost me getting the No One Left Behind achievement.

I'm about done with the adept. It was fun for a while but I miss the up close action. I find it's a really great class for controlling enemies from afar, throwing out singularities and warps around corners, but you're fucked if they get close or catch you out of cover. I'm back to the vanguard for a bit. I checked my achievements and it turns out I am missing the Brawler achievement and vanguard is the best way to get it. I guess the game is a lot more picky about what counts towards it. I've used the charge/melee/fire approach many times but it seems the enemy still has to be staggering back from the punch when you fire and the shot has the kill. I think I've been taking just a bit too long lining up the shot after meleeing.
That's exactly how I lost Miranda's loyalty. I would have sided with her if I hadn't been seducing Jack this time around. I even put off Jack's loyalty mission until after the Reaper FF mission (costing me saving Kelly) and I still wasn't high enough to keep them both. That's also the same way Miranda died. She survived the mission but ended up under some rubble.

For me, Sentinel is the surest way to go when playing on Insanity. I chose warp ammo for the bonus power. Once you are leveled up, you have squad ammo power to help your teammates, shields to save yourself, overload to burn shields and warp to take out barriers, armor & health. I liked Miranda because she has a versatile skill set used Morinth most of the time in the other spot (and Kasumi when I didn't bring her.)

The way I got the last two achievements today was pretty cheap. To get the one for surviving all the waves of project Rho I saved my game just before that scene on my Insanity play through. After finishing that play through I went back and reloaded at that point and dropped the difficulty level to casual. Needless to say, it was a piece of cake.

I tried to do the same thing to get the brawler badge but on casual I was killing guys with one punch. I upped the difficulty to normal and equipped the carnifex hand cannon. I loaded up my shields and calmly walked up to guys while they were shooting me and punched them. One punch sent them reeling and then one shot from the pistol finished them off. It probably only took me 10 minutes to get the brawler badge this way. Cheap, I know, but effective.
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply