Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Message
Author
User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#1 Post by snotball » 26 Jan 2010, 23:08

As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
Bad dates

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40885
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#2 Post by alan smithee » 27 Jan 2010, 00:44

snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30453
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#3 Post by Batman » 27 Jan 2010, 01:31

alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
I do too.

Now.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8529
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#4 Post by Middle » 27 Jan 2010, 07:24

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
I do too.

Now.
Wasn't this in Wayne's World (1)?
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5917
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#5 Post by Buckykatt » 27 Jan 2010, 08:16

So obvious it's hardly worth mentioning, but everytime I hear Little Green Bag I automatically think of the opening of Reservoir Dogs.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51588
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#6 Post by knarf » 27 Jan 2010, 08:28

Buckykatt wrote:So obvious it's hardly worth mentioning, but everytime I hear Little Green Bag I automatically think of the opening of Reservoir Dogs.
Stuck in the Middle With You.
Image

User avatar
AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6396
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 15:14
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#7 Post by AngelTash » 27 Jan 2010, 08:32

knarf wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:So obvious it's hardly worth mentioning, but everytime I hear Little Green Bag I automatically think of the opening of Reservoir Dogs.
Stuck in the Middle With You.
:green:
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30453
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#8 Post by Batman » 27 Jan 2010, 08:34

Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
I do too.

Now.
Wasn't this in Wayne's World (1)?
:green:

"I love you, Garth."

"I love you, Dreamwoman."
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34723
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#9 Post by sldawgs » 27 Jan 2010, 08:36

Batman wrote:
Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
I do too.

Now.
Wasn't this in Wayne's World (1)?
:green:
This is Garth in the donut shop with the woman of his dreams and her hair is blowing and stuff and he does a dance, right? That's in WW1.
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#10 Post by Dawson » 27 Jan 2010, 09:37

Whenever I hear Heroes, I think of The Replacements.. sorry
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33959
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#11 Post by Steel Frog » 27 Jan 2010, 10:54

I daresay there’s an endless variety of these, aren’t there?



For instance --

Sam Cooke’s “Wonderful World” takes me to two places – a cafeteria at Faber College and a barn in Amish country.

Meanwhile, Louis Amrmstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” sends me to Vietnam with an obnoxious radio host.

Shonen Knife’s Carpenter remake “Top of the World” puts me in a London limo with an identical twin.

“It’s a Small World” will transport me to a cartoon African savannah.

“Part of Your World” is under the sea.

“A Whole New World” sends me tumbling soaring freewheeling on a magic carpet ride.

And finally…

Tears for Fears (my eighth favorite band whose name rhymes with itself) “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” summons an image of a house succumbed to Death by Popcorn.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34723
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#12 Post by sldawgs » 27 Jan 2010, 11:01

Steel Frog wrote:I daresay there’s an endless variety of these, aren’t there?



For instance --

Sam Cooke’s “Wonderful World” takes me to two places – a cafeteria at Faber College and a barn in Amish country.

Meanwhile, Louis Amrmstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” sends me to Vietnam with an obnoxious radio host.

Shonen Knife’s Carpenter remake “Top of the World” puts me in a London limo with an identical twin.

“It’s a Small World” will transport me to a cartoon African savannah.

“Part of Your World” is under the sea.

“A Whole New World” sends me tumbling soaring freewheeling on a magic carpet ride.

And finally…

Tears for Fears (my eighth favorite band whose name rhymes with itself) “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” summons an image of a house succumbed to Death by Popcorn.
How worldly of you.
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#13 Post by snotball » 27 Jan 2010, 13:12

Middle wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
snotball wrote:As I was listening to the first notes from Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, I automatically started picturing Garth in Wayne's World 2.
I do this too.
I do too.

Now.
Wasn't this in Wayne's World (1)?
Hey, two out of three words in the title isn't that bad. At least I got the scene right.
Bad dates

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#14 Post by snotball » 27 Jan 2010, 13:14

AngelTash wrote:
knarf wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:So obvious it's hardly worth mentioning, but everytime I hear Little Green Bag I automatically think of the opening of Reservoir Dogs.
Stuck in the Middle With You.
:green:
:green:
Steel Frog wrote:Sam Cooke’s “Wonderful World” takes me to two places – a cafeteria at Faber College
:green:
Bad dates

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#15 Post by Dawson » 27 Jan 2010, 13:20

Tiny Dancer - Almost Famous
99 Red Balloons or Under Pressure - Grosse Point Blank
Don't Stop Now- Shaun of the Dead
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
spymeg
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8030
Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Gender: Female
Location: Over your shoulder

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#16 Post by spymeg » 27 Jan 2010, 13:26

I hear "Try a Little Tenderness"..I think Pretty in Pink!

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#17 Post by Dawson » 27 Jan 2010, 13:29

spymeg wrote:I hear "Try a Little Tenderness"..I think Pretty in Pink!
:green:

Image
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51588
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#18 Post by knarf » 27 Jan 2010, 14:02

Steel Frog wrote:Tears for Fears (my eighth favorite band whose name rhymes with itself) “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” summons an image of a house succumbed to Death by Popcorn.
:green:
Image

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#19 Post by Dawson » 27 Jan 2010, 14:09

knarf wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:Tears for Fears (my eighth favorite band whose name rhymes with itself) “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” summons an image of a house succumbed to Death by Popcorn.
:green:
LOL sorry got me thinking that one!

:green:

(and its on my list this year to see again)
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

enigmafa
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1477
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 08:01
Gender: Male
Location: Beating my head on a wall.

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#20 Post by enigmafa » 27 Jan 2010, 14:35

dawson99 wrote:Whenever I hear Heroes, I think of The Replacements.. sorry
I will Survive (any version but especially Cake's) always reminds me of The Replacements
Bonnie Tyler's I Need a Hero - Short Circuit I think 2
And finally
The Pixies Where is my Mind - Fight Club
[250]enigmafa@gmail.com[/250] Image Image Image

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#21 Post by snotball » 27 Jan 2010, 14:58

Walking on Sunshine - High Fidelity.
Bad dates

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40885
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#22 Post by alan smithee » 27 Jan 2010, 17:56

Steel Frog wrote:Tears for Fears (my eighth favorite band whose name rhymes with itself)
And the seven ahead of it are?

Name-wise, this duo is my favorite pairing:
Roland Jaime Orzabal de la Quintana and ... Curt Smith.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33959
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#23 Post by Steel Frog » 27 Jan 2010, 20:15

enigmafa wrote:Bonnie Tyler's I Need a Hero - Short Circuit I think 2
For that particular song, I'm always with Cate Blanchett

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#24 Post by Odd Todd » 27 Jan 2010, 22:47

Steel Frog wrote:
enigmafa wrote:Bonnie Tyler's I Need a Hero - Short Circuit I think 2
For that particular song, I'm always with Cate Blanchett
I'd forgotten how much I liked Bandits. Cate never has looked better.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6396
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 15:14
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Movie scenes you think of when you hear a song

#25 Post by AngelTash » 28 Jan 2010, 06:50

Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's World
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Post Reply