The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Message
Author
User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#26 Post by Agrajag » 06 Jul 2009, 16:14

Today's Adam Carolla podcast's guest -- Dan Finnerty

The Dan Band is playing LA this weekend (and again next month and again in September). :-(
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Chris
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 1739
Joined: 21 Dec 2003, 04:24
Gender: Male
Location: Alabama

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#27 Post by Chris » 07 Jul 2009, 06:12

Agrajag wrote:Today's Adam Carolla podcast's guest -- Dan Finnerty

The Dan Band is playing LA this weekend (and again next month and again in September). :-(
I heard "More Than Words" this morning and :( as well.

User avatar
xClaireCullenx
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful
Posts: 14
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 10:57
Gender: Female
Location: somewhere on the planet Earth.
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#28 Post by xClaireCullenx » 07 Jul 2009, 21:46

Every morning while driving to school, I gotta listen to AJ's Playhouse (San Diego) on 93.3 'coz it's right there. Other than that I just have a bunch of presets in my car that constantly get flipped.

What I dislike is that the good presets all turn to Spanish radio at night and I can't jam anymore! If it isn't Spanish radio then it's just a really...really...boring talk show.

User avatar
Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7530
Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Gender: Female

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#29 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 16 Nov 2009, 20:37

I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.

User avatar
Andybone
Lead Actor
Lead Actor
Posts: 324
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 01:25
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#30 Post by Andybone » 17 Nov 2009, 03:10

www.planetrock.co.uk is the way to go if you like classic rock.

My day is just not complete without it.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.


Image Image

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#31 Post by Agrajag » 17 Nov 2009, 17:33

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.
:green:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)

other recent additions:

I Love Movies -- Doug Benson has approx bi-weekly chats with comics/actors. Often ends with the Leonard Maltin game or Build a Title (both pretty fun)

IFC.com Podcasts -- this is my most recent addition. Interesting topics so far with an IMDb keyword game that's an interesting puzzle if you don't use IMDb to cheat

Kevin Pollack's Chat Show -- long form (2 hour) interview that comes video (live on the interwebs every Sunday) or Audio Only

This American Life (thanks Fever!)
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7530
Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Gender: Female

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#32 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 03 Feb 2010, 21:55

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.
:green:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)
Today I listened to his interview with Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker, and Boal spoiled the ending of Das Boot :?. Not like I can really complain about spoilers for a 29-year-old movie, but still...
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#33 Post by Agrajag » 03 Feb 2010, 22:05

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.
:green:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)
Today I listened to his interview with Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker, and Boal spoiled the ending of Das Boot :?. Not like I can really complain about spoilers for a 29-year-old movie, but still...
I remember listening to that one a few weeks ago, and while I saw Das Boot a few years ago (some Resolution list) I still was a little surprised that he spoiled it so nonchalantly.

You'd think that with his 5-minute intro (which itself is super annoying--God, I hate hearing him talk), he'd add some general statement about the episode containing spoilers for the movie being discussed with a longer spiel if other films are spoiled, three decades old or not!
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7530
Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Gender: Female

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#34 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 03 Feb 2010, 22:35

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.
:green:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)
Today I listened to his interview with Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker, and Boal spoiled the ending of Das Boot :?. Not like I can really complain about spoilers for a 29-year-old movie, but still...
I remember listening to that one a few weeks ago, and while I saw Das Boot a few years ago (some Resolution list) I still was a little surprised that he spoiled it so nonchalantly.
Yeah, it just came out of nowhere.
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#35 Post by Agrajag » 14 Jun 2010, 19:41

Ugh... I keep adding more podcasts--I have so many I never have time to listen to any music!

Here's my current list of what I listen to every week, roughly from most interesting to least:

Filmspotting (300+ and still going strong)
This American Life (such interesting stories)
Doug Loves Movies (Doug Benson and guests often make me laugh and play some fun movie games)
The Nerdist (Chris Hardwick & friends)
NPR Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (Not sure why, but I know I've listened to this before--was just "introduced" to it by my Maggie)
howstuffworks.com Podcasts (9 different podcasts, roughly ranked from most to least interesting: Stuff Mom Never Told You, BrainStuff, Stuff of Genius, Stuff You Should Know, TechStuff, Stuff You Missed in History, Stuff They Don't Want You to Know, Stuff from the Science Lab & CarStuff)
IFC.com Podcast (I'm two months behind having forgotten about this one--downloading 10 of them right now :roll:)
The Film Vault (Bald Brian from Adam Carolla's show and some other guy named Anderson(?) talk about movies with a Top 5 every week—sort of Filmspotting Jr.)
Pottercast (I like hearing news about the Florida attraction, but I think I got into Pottercast a little too late)
Creative Screenwriting (although his recent interviews have been on films I've never seen, and due to his spoilers I haven't listened since his Lost interviews)
Adam Carolla Show (although since they've switched from podcast to radio show, I've gotten annoyed and am this close to dropping them)
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16192
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#36 Post by Scruluce » 14 Jun 2010, 22:29

I'm flirting with the idea of podcasts, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I miss Don & Mike, but Don's Podcasts from home just don't seem like they'd be the same.
Local area station has a funny gal on the morning radio. They podcast that show ... Jamie White is her name (Sacramento, CA).

I used to listen to NPR a lot, but was picky on the programs. (All Things Considered, Car Talk, and Fresh Air are generally good programming, and even entertaining. The weekend host, Tavis Smiley, grates on my nerves; Big Ego, small mind.)

KROQ simply ROQs!

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#37 Post by Sela » 15 Jun 2010, 06:13

scruluce wrote:
KROQ simply ROQs!
:green:

Kevin & Bean is the only podcast I do on an everyday basis
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18854
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#38 Post by Agrajag » 15 Jun 2010, 09:27

Sela wrote:
scruluce wrote:
KROQ simply ROQs!
:green:

Kevin & Bean is the only podcast I do on an everyday basis
I've heard of, but never heard Kevin & Bean... I always sort of assumed they were the annoying type of morning radio...
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: The Official Radio / Podcast Thread

#39 Post by » 15 Jun 2010, 16:27

I listen to Joe Rogan, Adam Carolla (thanks, SoS), Bill Simmons, Filmspotting, The Parent Experiment & Double Feature
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply