FilmWise Forums
It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 23:23

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Heroes
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 11:11 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Anybody else watching this? Granted, I'm a sucker for superhero stuff but I am really enjoying this show. It's by far my favorite new show of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 11:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

We're watching, and we like it a lot (though maybe not as much as the Nine).

There are a few things about the show that irk me, mostly realting to the heroin-addicted artist. First, I'm not sure that's a great message (I can see the fututre when I use heroin) for a show that I think a lot of teens are probably watching. Second, I don't like the comic book angle to his character... its simply off on many levels. Finally, they way they portrayed his gift bothers me. They could have done it without replicating the exact photograph that was in the paper. This way it seems as though he is channeling the eye of the photographer/cameraman rather than having an artist's eye view of these events before they happen.

I'm also not feeling it (yet) for Mohinder. I don't find it plausible that the death of his father managed to guilt him into finally learning about him to the point he is taking it.

Anyway, these nitpicks aside, it's certainly been fun to watch so far, and I hope they continue to build it up. It's one of just a few shows this season that have not been disappointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 14:54 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

I've been really liking it too...

Some things are a bit too melodramatic but then thats what you get from most comic books.... so I can let that slide.

I love the idea of Peter and his mimic power... makes you think that once they all get together he can use all of their powers and be the only one who can be a match for Syler who seems to have multiple powers.

Hiro is the man... :lol: and his future self just proves it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 15:05 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Odd Todd wrote:

Totally dug future Hiro.

The show enjoyment more than overcompensates the annoying stuff, but the seven+ dangling plot lines from this week were kind of aggravating. :roll: They have me hooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 17:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Totally watching it - also a sucker for anything superhero realted.

I'm curious to see whether the whole season is going to lead us to November 8th, or whether it's going to stay roughly in sync with the air dates.

I love Hiro (adorable but annoyingly named), although I want him to stay like he is now, not get all black-clad and bilingual. Unless the future version is really evil Hiro, which would be awesome.

The make or break will be as they all start to come together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 20:29 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Good stuff. Probably my favorite new show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 21:52 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Steel Frog wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:

Totally dug future Hiro.

:green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 23:50 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

The only character I don't like of the main superhero types, is Ali Larter's sell-sex-from-the-garage mum. Everyone else is pretty likeable and fun to watch. It reminds me a lot of Surface, a show I was so disappointed would not be back.

Hiro is clearly the coolest and funniest character. I love it when he closes his eyes and concentrates (it looks like he's on the crapper) and time stops. Like when he placed the roulette ball the first time and helped the waitress not knock the drink over.

Sure, there are nitpicks, but out of the 20-something (i.e. almost all) new shows I've seen this year, this is my favourite one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 01:36 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
The only character I don't like of the main superhero types, is Ali Larter's sell-sex-from-the-garage mum. Everyone else is pretty likeable and fun to watch. It reminds me a lot of Surface, a show I was so disappointed would not be back.

The final episode helped me overcome that.

Nunis wrote:
Hiro is clearly the coolest and funniest character. I love it when he closes his eyes and concentrates (it looks like he's on the crapper) and time stops.

:green: :lol:
Hiro is the man, or as the last episode showed, the rain man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 14:07 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

I was a little disappointed in the presentation of Ali Larter's "power" I still don't exactly get what she is... like a Hulk or Jekyll/Hyde person who comes out when her son is threatened?

I'm really liking Peter's mimic power too. I thought it was going to be lame to have flying brothers. In the previews, they keep showing someone shoot straight up in the middle of a playground and I can't tell if it's Peter's brother or someone new.... Anyone able to tell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 14:43 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Agrajag wrote:
In the previews, they keep showing someone shoot straight up in the middle of a playground and I can't tell if it's Peter's brother or someone new.... Anyone able to tell?

It's Peters brother... appently "Horned rimmed glasses" and the power muter black guy (Whom bloggers are assuming is Ali Later's missing husbend) capture him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 15:26 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Odd Todd wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
In the previews, they keep showing someone shoot straight up in the middle of a playground and I can't tell if it's Peter's brother or someone new.... Anyone able to tell?

It's Peters brother... appently "Horned rimmed glasses" and the power muter black guy (Whom bloggers are assuming is Ali Later's missing husbend) capture him.

I wouldn't like that story... It's interesting to think that certain humans are evolving these special powers, but having them just happen to overlap ("horned rim" and cheerleader, Peter and heroin-addict thru whats-her-name, Larter and power muter) will start to get ridiculous...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 20:58 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Agrajag wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

I wouldn't like that story... It's interesting to think that certain humans are evolving these special powers, but having them just happen to overlap ("horned rim" and cheerleader, Peter and heroin-addict thru whats-her-name, Larter and power muter) will start to get ridiculous...
I don't think that ones a coincidence. I'm guessing he knew her birth parents and thought she may potential before something "happened" to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 11:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Was it just me, or did Ali Larter say, "If you ever threaten our son again...." when she bashed that henchman in the elevator, latest episode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 11:19 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Toasty wrote:
Was it just me, or did Ali Larter say, "If you ever threaten our son again...." when she bashed that henchman in the elevator, latest episode?

That's what she said... makes sense seeing as it's a split personality thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 12:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Toasty wrote:

Yes. My initial thought was that maybe it was her husband who possessed her during her psychotic episodes, but then again I really don't think her husband would have been so eager to go have sex with Nathan after beating the crap out of elevator thug guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 14:32 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Toasty wrote:

Yes. My initial thought was that maybe it was her husband who possessed her during her psychotic episodes, but then again I really don't think her husband would have been so eager to go have sex with Nathan after beating the crap out of elevator thug guy.

Not that there's anything wrong about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2006, 11:55 

That politician Patrelli can fly pretty damn fast.

I'm excited to see the gang coming together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2006, 12:31 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

That. Was. Awesome.

That episode blew my mind. Hiro is truly awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2006, 17:14 
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

Just getting into this show. I am a little lost on all the characters and would like to catch up.

So far, there have been 6 episodes?? I have tried to watch them on NBC.com or find recaps, but cant seem to.

Maybe I will sit out until the reruns come along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2006, 20:39 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

There's a character on Heroes named Hiro? How very.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2006, 20:49 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

In my conversations to date in this decade, I've been substituting "hoagies" for "heroes" wherever possible. Success has been mixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2006, 02:48 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Another great episode, in a one of the best shows of this season.
Can someone remind me when did Peter got the future seeing power and drew a stick people drawing? I can't seem to remember that.
Also, did Nathan Petrelli got caught by Claire father last episode or did it happen only on the beginning of this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2006, 04:58 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Can someone remind me when did Peter got the future seeing power and drew a stick people drawing? I can't seem to remember that.

When he was in the hospital, in the second episode.

snotball wrote:
Also, did Nathan Petrelli got caught by Claire father last episode or did it happen only on the beginning of this one?

The last thing we saw last week (episode 4) was Nathan and Nikki in bed together, sleeping, when Claire's dad and D.L. walked in to their room. Claire's dad said "just take the one" and D.L. supposedly then took Nathan, leaving Nikki to wake up alone the next morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2006, 05:09 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
snotball wrote:

When he was in the hospital, in the second episode.

Damn, age does start to work on your memory at some point.
What did he draw?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next