Movie Thoughts, as you're watching

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Message
Author
User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#76 Post by snotball » 05 Aug 2007, 03:42

In Next, why are the FBI trying to get Cage to help them find a nuclear bomb in L.A., when they have Jack Bauer?
Bad dates

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34697
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

#77 Post by sldawgs » 05 Aug 2007, 03:52

snotball wrote:In Next, why are the FBI trying to get Cage to help them find a nuclear bomb in L.A., when they have Jack Bauer?
He was busy dammit!
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#78 Post by snotball » 05 Aug 2007, 04:22

sldawgs wrote:
snotball wrote:In Next, why are the FBI trying to get Cage to help them find a nuclear bomb in L.A., when they have Jack Bauer?
He was busy dammit!
It was probably during his vacation in China.
Bad dates

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#79 Post by JJ » 05 Aug 2007, 14:53

How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
La la la la la.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40452
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#80 Post by alan smithee » 05 Aug 2007, 14:58

JJ wrote:How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
Well, the trunk is open when Marty is thrown in (with the Starlighters in the car); perhaps you're asking "why the hell are the keys in the open trunk in the first place," in which case the answer is so that Marvin Berry can cut his hand thus forcing the band to need Marty to play. Peckerwood.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#81 Post by JJ » 05 Aug 2007, 15:05

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
Well, the trunk is open when Marty is thrown in (with the Starlighters in the car); perhaps you're asking "why the hell are the keys in the open trunk in the first place," in which case the answer is so that Marvin Berry can cut his hand thus forcing the band to need Marty to play. Peckerwood.
So you're saying it's common for a band smoking out a car to leave the keys in an open trunk? Presumably so that when the cops come, they can say "Nobody was driving. See, the keys are in the trunk."
La la la la la.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#82 Post by JJ » 05 Aug 2007, 15:18

Why didn't Marty just give himself an hour to ward off the Libyans, anyway? And what presumably happened to them after they hit the Fotomat? They still seemed a lot better armed than Marty and Doc.
La la la la la.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40452
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#83 Post by alan smithee » 05 Aug 2007, 15:30

JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
Well, the trunk is open when Marty is thrown in (with the Starlighters in the car); perhaps you're asking "why the hell are the keys in the open trunk in the first place," in which case the answer is so that Marvin Berry can cut his hand thus forcing the band to need Marty to play. Peckerwood.
So you're saying it's common for a band smoking out a car to leave the keys in an open trunk?
Only when they need the guy who'd open the trunk to cut his hand to necessitate his replacement by the then-future trunk occupant.
JJ wrote:Why didn't Marty just give himself an hour to ward off the Libyans, anyway?
Then he might not have been late and we might not have had the "No!!" scene with Stoltz.
JJ wrote:And what presumably happened to them after they hit the Fotomat? They still seemed a lot better armed than Marty and Doc.
I can see it all now, this is gonna be just like last summer. You fell in love with that girl at the Fotomat, you bought forty dollars worth of fuckin' film, and you never even talked to her.

You don't even own a camera.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#84 Post by JJ » 05 Aug 2007, 15:33

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
Well, the trunk is open when Marty is thrown in (with the Starlighters in the car); perhaps you're asking "why the hell are the keys in the open trunk in the first place," in which case the answer is so that Marvin Berry can cut his hand thus forcing the band to need Marty to play. Peckerwood.
So you're saying it's common for a band smoking out a car to leave the keys in an open trunk?
Only when they need the guy who'd open the trunk to cut his hand to necessitate his replacement by the then-future trunk occupant.
JJ wrote:Why didn't Marty just give himself an hour to ward off the Libyans, anyway?
Then he might not have been late and we might not have had the "No!!" scene with Stoltz.
JJ wrote:And what presumably happened to them after they hit the Fotomat? They still seemed a lot better armed than Marty and Doc.
I can see it all now, this is gonna be just like last summer. You fell in love with that girl at the Fotomat, you bought forty dollars worth of fuckin' film, and you never even talked to her.

You don't even own a camera.
The Libyans killed Damone?
La la la la la.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40452
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#85 Post by alan smithee » 05 Aug 2007, 15:37

JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:How exactly do the keys get locked in the trunk with Marty in BttF?
Well, the trunk is open when Marty is thrown in (with the Starlighters in the car); perhaps you're asking "why the hell are the keys in the open trunk in the first place," in which case the answer is so that Marvin Berry can cut his hand thus forcing the band to need Marty to play. Peckerwood.
So you're saying it's common for a band smoking out a car to leave the keys in an open trunk?
Only when they need the guy who'd open the trunk to cut his hand to necessitate his replacement by the then-future trunk occupant.
JJ wrote:Why didn't Marty just give himself an hour to ward off the Libyans, anyway?
Then he might not have been late and we might not have had the "No!!" scene with Stoltz.
JJ wrote:And what presumably happened to them after they hit the Fotomat? They still seemed a lot better armed than Marty and Doc.
I can see it all now, this is gonna be just like last summer. You fell in love with that girl at the Fotomat, you bought forty dollars worth of fuckin' film, and you never even talked to her.

You don't even own a camera.
The Libyans killed Damone?
:green:*



*just like their monochromatic national flag
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33905
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#86 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Aug 2007, 08:44

snotball wrote:In Next, why are the FBI trying to get Cage to help them find a nuclear bomb in L.A., when they have Jack Bauer?
He was off the clock.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#87 Post by bratzks » 10 Aug 2007, 22:17

Was watching Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. I thought... They obviously made efforts to make Sidney Poitier so wonderfull that the only objection could be that the relationship was interracial. Why then, did they make him 14 years older and why have them meet only 10 days previous? Both of these seem like reasons for parents to not approve of a marriage. I know I was kind of put off by the age difference.
Then I thought... Wow, those three sure can act like nobody's business.
Then I realised, he didn't even have natty dreadlocks.
Image Image Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40452
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#88 Post by alan smithee » 10 Aug 2007, 22:27

bratzks wrote:Was watching Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. I thought... They obviously made efforts to make Sidney Poitier so wonderfull that the only objection could be that the relationship was interracial. Why then, did they make him 14 years older and why have them meet only 10 days previous? Both of these seem like reasons for parents to not approve of a marriage. I know I was kind of put off by the age difference.
Then I thought... Wow, those three sure can act like nobody's business.
:green:
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#89 Post by bratzks » 29 Aug 2007, 15:47

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.
re: The French Connection
SpoilerVision™ wrote:What is the last gunshot heard right at the end? Gene Hackman says he saw Frog 1 in there and he's gonna get him. He runs off to the next room and a gunshot is heard. What/who did he shoot? It wasn't the frenchman because the title cards before the credits say that he got away and was believed to be living in France. Am I missing something?
Image Image Image

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#90 Post by Gren » 30 Aug 2007, 00:46

Day 29 watching The Good Shepherd[/geordie accent]
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#91 Post by bratzks » 08 Oct 2007, 15:51

Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33905
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

#92 Post by Steel Frog » 08 Oct 2007, 16:31

(Guess the film)

Ah, a bar of some sort...hey, at the counter, isn't that Aaron Eckhart? It is Aaron Eckhart. And he's...leaving. Wow, that was a shitty cameo. Not like it was DeNiro or something.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

#93 Post by JJ » 08 Oct 2007, 16:46

Steel Frog wrote:(Guess the film)

Ah, a bar of some sort...hey, at the counter, isn't that Aaron Eckhart? It is Aaron Eckhart. And he's...leaving. Wow, that was a shitty cameo. Not like it was DeNiro or something.

Oh -- I know! I know! It's Erin Brockovich.
La la la la la.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40452
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#94 Post by alan smithee » 08 Oct 2007, 16:48

Steel Frog wrote:(Guess the film)

Ah, a bar of some sort...hey, at the counter, isn't that Aaron Eckhart? It is Aaron Eckhart. And he's...leaving. Wow, that was a shitty cameo. Not like it was DeNiro or something.
Thank You for Smoking?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51265
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#95 Post by knarf » 09 Oct 2007, 06:01

bratzks wrote:Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: When I noticed this topic again due to the new posts, I thought "Hey, I need to add that thing about Dustin Hoffman."
Image

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#96 Post by bratzks » 09 Oct 2007, 06:08

knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: When I noticed this topic again due to the new posts, I thought "Hey, I need to add that thing about Dustin Hoffman."
:D "Thread thoughts, as you're reading"

Seriously though, I think you may think about Dustin Hoffman too much.
Image Image Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51265
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#97 Post by knarf » 09 Oct 2007, 06:22

bratzks wrote:
knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: When I noticed this topic again due to the new posts, I thought "Hey, I need to add that thing about Dustin Hoffman."
:D "Thread thoughts, as you're reading"

Seriously though, I think you may think about Dustin Hoffman too much.
I thought you'd say that.
Image

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#98 Post by bratzks » 09 Oct 2007, 06:25

knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:
knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: When I noticed this topic again due to the new posts, I thought "Hey, I need to add that thing about Dustin Hoffman."
:D "Thread thoughts, as you're reading"

Seriously though, I think you may think about Dustin Hoffman too much.
I thought you'd say that.
I'm not judging.
Image Image Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51265
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

#99 Post by knarf » 09 Oct 2007, 06:49

bratzks wrote:
knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:
knarf wrote:
bratzks wrote:Hey, there's Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: When I noticed this topic again due to the new posts, I thought "Hey, I need to add that thing about Dustin Hoffman."
:D "Thread thoughts, as you're reading"

Seriously though, I think you may think about Dustin Hoffman too much.
I thought you'd say that.
I'm not judging.
Image
Image

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12431
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

#100 Post by bratzks » 15 Oct 2007, 20:54

That was way too easy for him to earn cred/respect. All he had to do was carry some rocks back and forth?
Image Image Image

Post Reply