Movie Thoughts, as you're watching

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#51 Post by JJ » 28 Jul 2007, 21:05

Watching Dreamgirls.

So if I gain 20 pounds, and then start posting to FW, am I going to win some sort of award?
La la la la la.

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#52 Post by jack's sally » 28 Jul 2007, 21:08

JJ wrote:Watching Dreamgirls.

So if I gain 20 pounds, and then start posting to FW, am I going to win some sort of award?
Only if you have sex with Jamie Fox.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#53 Post by JJ » 28 Jul 2007, 21:15

jack's sally wrote:

Only if you have sex with Jamie Fox.
That kind of hottness merits at least a couple Xes.
La la la la la.

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#54 Post by jack's sally » 28 Jul 2007, 21:16

JJ wrote:
jack's sally wrote:

Only if you have seXXX with Jamie FoXXX.
I agree, and have corrected my previous statement.

Come on JJ, bring seXXXy back. ;)

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#55 Post by JJ » 28 Jul 2007, 21:26

jack's sally wrote:
JJ wrote:
jack's sally wrote:

Only if you have seXXX with Jamie FoXXX.
I agree, and have corrected my previous statement.

Come on JJ, bring seXXXy back. ;)
Nice. Triple letter score.
La la la la la.

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#56 Post by Buckykatt » 03 Aug 2007, 10:14

Flipping around last night and wound up watching about 20 mins of The Dreamers in IFC.

Thought: Why the f*ck does Eva Green get work??!?!!?!

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#57 Post by jack's sally » 03 Aug 2007, 10:16

Buckykatt wrote:Flipping around last night and wound up watching about 20 mins of The Dreamers in IFC.

That is a questions I have asked myself as well. Along with, other than having a rich daddy, why do we know who Paris Hilton is?

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#58 Post by TK421 » 03 Aug 2007, 10:28

Buckykatt wrote:Flipping around last night and wound up watching about 20 mins of The Dreamers in IFC.

I can give you two reasons. :mishchief:

Toasty
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#59 Post by Toasty » 03 Aug 2007, 10:28

Ask Teri Garr
Elegant Violence

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#60 Post by TK421 » 03 Aug 2007, 10:29

Toasty wrote:

Ask Teri Garr
Mr. Mom was a good movie. (Of course, that was due to the talented Martin Mull.)

Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#61 Post by Buckykatt » 03 Aug 2007, 10:30

TK421 wrote:

Sorry, don't buy it, her tits aren't that great. In fact, they're those weird swoopy ski-jump ones.

Well, unless you like that kind. I guess.

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#62 Post by TK421 » 03 Aug 2007, 10:32

Buckykatt wrote:
TK421 wrote:

Sorry, don't buy it, her tits aren't that great. In fact, they're those weird swoopy ski-jump ones.

Well, unless you like that kind. I guess.
Is there a bad kind?

A boob is a boob. It is the nipple which makes or breaks it.

Kfink
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#63 Post by Kfink » 03 Aug 2007, 10:35

jack's sally wrote:Ok, so I am sitting here watching Sahara, not for the first time, and realizing all over again that this movie would be a helluva lot better without Penelope Cruz. Am I alone in the fact that this woman irritates the everloving crap outta me?

She cant act for shit and she looks weird. Yeah I said it, weird. Its like the features of her face were taken from other people and slapped together on her little head, like some well seamed Frankenetta.

Also, her accent bothers me. I notice that in all the movies I have seen her in, she has the same bad accent. Years of being exposed to English and the opportunity of making money by understandably speaking the language, dont seem to have improved her speech at all. Let me say that I generally find accents very appealing, but the manner in which she speaks irritates me. She has a habit of over enunciating everything she says that just grates on my last nerve. It gives me the impression that some dialetic coach along the way said, "If you cant get the accent down, just speak slowly and give every word great emphasis. The audience will never notice."

Well I am here to say that this audience member damn well fking noticed.

Whew, I feel much better having gotten that out now.
Sorry for the rant.
I know this post is a little late, but I'm still catching up. I want you to know that I think a great many things would benefit from the exclusion of Penelope Cruz, not the least of which are my TV and movie screens. I have said this before and I will have it printed on my tombstone:

Penelope Cruz looks like an emaciated lizard. (And Tori Spelling looks like a cartoon horse, but that's beside the point.)

I hate her. And not only just for the way she totally fucked Johnny Depp over in Blow.

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#64 Post by jack's sally » 03 Aug 2007, 10:56

Kfink wrote:
jack's sally wrote:Ok, so I am sitting here watching Sahara, not for the first time, and realizing all over again that this movie would be a helluva lot better without Penelope Cruz. Am I alone in the fact that this woman irritates the everloving crap outta me?

She cant act for shit and she looks weird. Yeah I said it, weird. Its like the features of her face were taken from other people and slapped together on her little head, like some well seamed Frankenetta.

Also, her accent bothers me. I notice that in all the movies I have seen her in, she has the same bad accent. Years of being exposed to English and the opportunity of making money by understandably speaking the language, dont seem to have improved her speech at all. Let me say that I generally find accents very appealing, but the manner in which she speaks irritates me. She has a habit of over enunciating everything she says that just grates on my last nerve. It gives me the impression that some dialetic coach along the way said, "If you cant get the accent down, just speak slowly and give every word great emphasis. The audience will never notice."

Sorry for the rant.
I know this post is a little late, but I'm still catching up. I want you to know that I think a great many things would benefit from the exclusion of Penelope Cruz, not the least of which are my TV and movie screens. I have said this before and I will have it printed on my tombstone:

Penelope Cruz looks like an emaciated lizard. (And Tori Spelling looks like a cartoon horse, but that's beside the point.)

I hate her. And not only just for the way she totally fucked Johnny Depp over in Blow.
Finally! Someone whom she irritates just as much as me.
Welcome back, I didnt even know you, but I have been waiting for you.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#65 Post by alan smithee » 03 Aug 2007, 11:11

TK421 wrote:
Toasty wrote:

Ask Teri Garr
Mr. Mom was a good movie. (Of course, that was due to the talented Martin Mull.)
Young Frankenstein is brilliant. (Of course, that had almost nothing to do with the talented Martin Mull.)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#66 Post by » 03 Aug 2007, 12:21

jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Settle down, girls. As with every other actress of her talent level once she reaches her mid-30s she will stop being cast in anything and we'll forget all about her. Just give it another couple of years and you won't have to worry about her any more.

Also, since she showed her boobs off so early in her career she can't play the nudity card to stick around longer than normal.
The :) means it's all ok.

jack's sally
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#67 Post by jack's sally » 03 Aug 2007, 13:18

A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Settle down, girls. As with every other actress of her talent level once she reaches her mid-30s she will stop being cast in anything and we'll forget all about her. Just give it another couple of years and you won't have to worry about her any more.

Also, since she showed her boobs off so early in her career she can't play the nudity card to stick around longer than normal.
Awe A², you know just what to say to make a girl smile.

Kfink
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#68 Post by Kfink » 03 Aug 2007, 15:56

jack's sally wrote:
A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Looks like my career is in trouble then. :roll:

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#69 Post by JJ » 04 Aug 2007, 07:06

Kfink wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Volver was good. And she was good in it. Though she was annoying as crap in everything that came before.
La la la la la.

alan smithee

#70 Post by alan smithee » 04 Aug 2007, 09:58

JJ wrote:
Kfink wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Volver was good. And she was good in it. Though she was annoying as crap in everything that came before.
Have you seen anything else she's done with Pedro Almodóvar?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#71 Post by JJ » 04 Aug 2007, 10:38

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
Kfink wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

Have you seen anything else she's done with Pedro Almodóvar?
No. I've got Live Flesh sitting here, though. Maybe I'll actually see it now.
La la la la la.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#72 Post by DrG » 04 Aug 2007, 10:42

Live Flesh is OK. A bit depressing and nowhere near as good as Volver. You aren't missing that much.

She's also in All About My Mother, which is pretty damned good, but also a bit depressing.
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#73 Post by JJ » 04 Aug 2007, 11:09

DrG wrote:Live Flesh is OK. A bit depressing and nowhere near as good as Volver. You aren't missing that much.

She's also in All About My Mother, which is pretty damned good, but also a bit depressing.
I've seen that. I liked it; I suppose the best part about it is I don't really remember Penelope Cruz being in it. So maybe my thesis was exaggerated.
La la la la la.

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#74 Post by Batman » 04 Aug 2007, 11:23

JJ wrote:
DrG wrote:Live Flesh is OK. A bit depressing and nowhere near as good as Volver. You aren't missing that much.

I've seen that. I liked it; I suppose the best part about it is I don't really remember Penelope Cruz being in it. So maybe my thesis was exaggerated.
I've told you a million-billion times to stop exaggerating your theses.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Kfink
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#75 Post by Kfink » 04 Aug 2007, 19:10

JJ wrote:
Kfink wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
A² wrote:
jack's sally wrote:
Kfink wrote:

Sorry for the rant.

All right, I do have to admit that is true. And I was thinking it as I was complaining about her. But it's not like I'm going out of my way to point out movies that I didn't hate her in. And she still looked like a starving lizard in it anyway. :tongue: